Vice President, Donor Insights & Relations
World Central Kitchen (WCK) seeks a full-time Vice President, Donor Insights & Relations to serve as the creative thought leader, action planner, and evaluator for all WCK fundraising. Success in this role depends upon being able to identify and synthesize trends from internal donor data, marrying those insights with the latest trends and assets in professional fundraising, and quickly and creatively designing and executing campaigns that complement WCK’s programmatic work. The VP, Donor Insights & Relations must also be able to translate their analytical skills into nuanced donor relationship mapping and management. This role seeks to maximize donor interest in, and loyalty to, WCK across all gift levels.
Based in our Washington, DC office, this role reports to the Executive Director and supervises the Development Operations Manager.
World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization founded by chef José Andrés that uses the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies. We are focused on finding smart solutions to hunger and poverty around the world.
In its long-term programs, WCK works in Puerto Rico, Haiti, Nicaragua, and the USA - empowering communities to be part of the solution with a focus on school kitchens and meals for education, food safety and sanitation training, clean cook stove implementation, culinary training, support of smallholder farmers, and job creation.
In our emergency services, we provide chef-driven meals following natural disasters. Since July 2017, we have served more than 7 million freshly prepared, healthy emergency to communities around the country and the world including Puerto Rico, California, Hawaii, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mozambique, and North Carolina and Florida.
WCK is a fast-growing organization that requires a high level of commitment and enthusiasm for our work in exchange for tremendous career advancement opportunities and the chance to join our headquarters team at a critical period in the organization’s development and growth.
For more information about World Central Kitchen, visit our website at http://worldcentralkitchen.org/
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Fundraising Design, Execution, and Evaluation
- Vision and Goals
- Stay current on the latest trends, research, and assets in philanthropy; adapt and apply these learnings to WCK
- Suggest appropriate annual revenue goals to WCK leadership, striking the fine balance between ambitious and achievable goals
- Work with Board and WCK leadership on monthly P&L and annual audit
- Determine annual donor development goals for WCK with the aim of increasing donor retention, recurring giving, and upgrades
- Set specific goals for all campaigns and solicitations, and evaluate the key success drivers of every effort
- Constantly finetune WCK fundraising messaging in conjunction with WCK programmatic work and priorities
- Individual Giving Insights and Relationships
- Set and execute a system for monitoring donor performance data and reports across all gift levels and donor types, analyzing the data for trends and insights to act upon in future campaigns and appeals
- Build up and build out a new recurring giving program
- Quickly and creatively design, execute, and evaluate fundraising campaigns in conjunction with programmatic work
- Conduct prospect research on mid- and high-level donors to identify individuals for greater cultivation. Design and enact moves management plans accordingly
- Support and advise WCK leadership and board members in how to effectively advance major donor relationships
- Revisit and revise the donor stewardship plan on an annual basis, ensuring all donors have a meaningful, ongoing relationship with WCK
- Organizational Partnerships
- Support the Chief Strategy Officer in advancing large-scale corporate, foundation, and other organizational partnerships for strategic interests and in-kind gifts by conducting creative research and offering input on relationship development
- Prospect research new organizational partners, especially in new geographies, and work with Chief Strategy Officer to cultivate those partnerships
- Support the planning, execution, and follow-up of Dine-N-Dash, WCK’s signature special event, as well as events related to WCK’s 10thanniversary
Build and Maintain a Culture of Philanthropy
- Supervise the Development Operations Manager, ensuring that WCK has reliable, accurate donor data
- Work closely with leadership from other departments to ensure harmony between communications, programs, and fundraising
- Support the ED and other WCK leadership in growing the Board’s understanding, interest, and involvement in fundraising
- 10+ years in nonprofit fundraising
- A sincere commitment to World Central Kitchen’s mission
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in personable, intimate relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in taking a strong but nascent fundraising program to the next level of sophistication and success
- Experience with building and leading a team of professionals at various career levels
- Experience with online giving
- Experience with CRMs (Salesforce highly preferred) and software systems integration
- Innate interest in philanthropy as a field and as a skill to constantly improve upon
- Ready and adept communicator in both casual and formal scenarios
- Natural self-starter who sees the work, does the work, and shares the work
- Entrepreneurial mindset: excited to experiment and face uncertainty
- Confidence to defend a good idea, recognize a mediocre one, and change a bad ide
- Hours: Full-time
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits:Two weeks PTO, fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, 403(B) retirement with match up to 4% of salary
World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one combined PDF document in the resume submit section.