Development Operations Manager
World Central Kitchen (WCK) seeks a full-time Development Operations Manager (DOM) to oversee and hands-on manage all fundraising technology, systems, and data entry, ensuring a high degree of reliability and accuracy across all areas. This role will live and breathe Salesforce, WCK’s CRM, and will be responsible for ensuring all staff who interface with the system do so with the same logic and conventions to guarantee data fidelity. In coordination with the Vice President, Donor Insights & Relations, the DOM will generate regular donor data and performance reports for evaluation and future action-planning. The DOM will also be an important connection point to WCK’s finance and communications teams. The DOM works closely with counterparts in finance to ensure timely and excellent gift processing and acknowledgment. To further enhance the donor experience, the DOM will support the execution of WCK’s donor stewardship plan. The DOM will coordinate with the communications team to synchronize and record stakeholder outreach, ensuring all communication with donors are recorded in Salesforce.
Solid systems are the bedrock of successful fundraising, and this role will be essential to seeing that WCK not only consistently employs its data management assets, but that it is constantly looking for and acting upon opportunities to optimize its systems as well. Based in our Washington, DC office, the DOM reports to the VP, Donor Insights & Relations.
World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization founded by chef José Andrés that uses the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies. We are focused on finding smart solutions to hunger and poverty around the world.
In its long-term programs, WCK works in Puerto Rico, Haiti, Nicaragua, and the USA - empowering communities to be part of the solution with a focus on school kitchens and meals for education, food safety and sanitation training, clean cook stove implementation, culinary training, support of smallholder farmers, and job creation.
In our emergency services, we provide chef-driven meals following natural disasters. Since July 2017, we have served more than 7 million freshly prepared, healthy emergency to communities around the country and the world including Puerto Rico, California, Hawaii, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mozambique, and North Carolina and Florida.
WCK is a fast-growing organization that requires a high level of commitment and enthusiasm for our work in exchange for tremendous career advancement opportunities and the chance to join our headquarters team at a critical period in the organization’s development and growth.
For more information about World Central Kitchen, visit our website at http://worldcentralkitchen.org/
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and update WCK’s Salesforce SOP manual. Conduct in-house training for other staff as needed on how to properly use the system
- Manage user profiles and permission sets
- Create and manage campaigns to track and distinguish various appeals’ performance
- Conduct donor data entry and monitor data for accuracy and currency
- Suggest and execute data field and object customizations to optimize data utility
- Manage all fundraising-related Salesforce app and software integrations
- Design, update, and maintain donor reports to support the VP, Donor Insights & Relation’s evaluation and action-planning efforts
- In conjunction with finance, support monthly revenue reconciliations
- Ensure smooth integration between Salesforce and WCK’s payment processor
- Ensure smooth, easy experience for online donors
- Process all off-line donations
- Ensure that all donors receive a gift and tax acknowledgment within 48 hours
- Support the execution of WCK’s donor stewardship plan, including (but not limited to) creating Salesforce engagement plans and proactively working with the communications team to prepare and send special communications
Data Reporting and Evaluation
Gift Processing and Donor Acknowledgment
- 5+ years in nonprofit fundraising and fundraising systems
- A sincere commitment to World Central Kitchen’s mission
- Salesforce experience REQUIRED – administrator credential highly preferred
- Experience with CRM software integrations
- Innate interest in fundraising
- Ready and adept communicator in both casual and formal scenarios
- Natural self-starter who sees the work, does the work, and shares the work
- Entrepreneurial mindset: excited to experiment, seize opportunities, and face uncertainty
- Confidence to defend a good idea, recognize a mediocre one, and change a bad idea
- Hours: Full-time
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits:Two weeks PTO, fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, 403(B) retirement with match up to 4% of salary
World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one combined PDF document in the resume submit section.